Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
The Software Analyst provides software, forms, workflow development and support for enterprise applications which may include OnBase, Adobe Sign, Common Management System (PeopleSoft) systems, Boomi iPaaS integration platform, and/or other systems as assigned. The position performs application administration, maintenance and configuration for Enterprise Applications as assigned. The Software Analyst performs software and workflow requirements analysis, database application design, and programming to deliver, support and maintain enterprise applications. Familiarity with data structures and business processes are essential to the position. The incumbent consults with clients to better understand their enterprise software and workflow needs. The incumbent performs all software consultations and development functions with a keen understanding of information security and accessibility requirements. The developer partners with campus clients in running, growing, and transforming campus systems as directed by leadership. The position also requires expertise in the use of required new hardware, software, and tools required to achieve clients' software development needs.
Note that while many of the duties assigned to the incumbent are application administration, programming and analysis, there is still a significant technical and user consulting and support aspect to this position. Incumbent is required to research and understand technical subject matter in multiple areas.
To enter this classification, a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in applications programming and systems analysis and related programming support functions is a prerequisite. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or business, or equivalent training and applied experience. Foundation knowledge and skill for the Analyst/Programmer, depending on the position assignment, may include working knowledge of a specific industry standard applications programming language and knowledge of standard systems analysis techniques.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Information Technology, or equivalent training and applied experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA):
- Basic foundation of knowledge and skills in technical information systems and application program packages.
- Must be able to independently apply technical judgment to work assignments to achieve desired outcomes, to both standard and non-standard data applications and systems, solve a wide range of problems, develop practicable and thorough solutions, independently consult with users to identify requirements, and use effective communication and listening skills.
- Knowledge, experience and technical skills in SQL and object-oriented development environments.
- The ability to resolve highly complex technical issues and develop complex software. Required to work with a diverse client base to develop processes and documentation to ensure continuous improvement with an emphasis on excellent user experience.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the following Core Functions of the Classification:
- Experience in developing business software using industry development tools.
- Knowledge and skill interviewing clients to understand their business needs and translate them into software specifications.
- Develop excellent process documentation.
- Balance multiple workload and responsibilities, establish project milestones and timelines, and coordinate project teams to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Knowledge and skill in analyzing and defining requirements for application software.
- Analyze and develop touchpoints between enterprise applications and ancillary application, developing an understanding of web services, API’s, and other integration technologies.
- Knowledge and skill in analyzing business processes in multiple areas.
- Knowledge and skill analyzing and designing system interfaces.
- Knowledge and skill in developing moderately complex software to address business requirements.
- Knowledge and skill monitoring, analyzing, and verifying data to ensure integrity.
- Work in a team and project driven environment.
Resume, cover letter
About Sac State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California’s capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the “Farm-to-Fork Capital,” is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State’s 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: “As California’s capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement.” As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy, and campus safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com