Working Title: Program Analyst
Classification Title: Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt I
Priority Application Date (Posting will remain open until filled): Monday, November 27, 2023 at 11:55pm PST
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
The Program Analyst is the key technical advisor to the Associate Dean of Academic Programs, Department Chairs, other college analysts, faculty and staff and provides leadership in a highly complex College with instructional and external programs. With broad authority and using sound judgment and knowledge of university and College academic, administrative and fiscal policies, the Programs Analyst performs high-level and specialized research and analysis involving interpretation, integration, compilation, application, and presentation of complex data and reporting; evaluates and implements; and finds creative solutions to a full range of administrative and program issues facing the College.
The Associate Dean of Academic Programs (ADAP) Program Analyst is responsible for the academic programing and all activities are related to the support of a range of undergraduate and graduate programs for over 4000 undergraduate students, 300 graduate students, and nearly 100 faculty members each semester.
The incumbent independently performs high level and specialized functions related to all academic programming and curriculum ed support at the COB and University level, works with independently performing a variety of complex and confidential tasks requiring a high level of initiative, judgment, and discretion. The incumbent must possess good interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills to effectively drive the success of the Academic Programs operations.
FLSA: Exempt (Not eligible for overtime compensation)
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,170 - $5,400 per month commensurate with candidate's education, experience, skills, and training.
CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,170 - $7,545 per month
Best-in-class Benefits: Click here to learn more
CSU Total Compensation: Click here to learn more
Recruitment Type: Regular (Probationary)
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm; Occasional evening and weekends required, Hybrid Remote eligible
The California State University, Sacramento – College of Business (COB) develops engaged, responsible, and inclusive leaders that enrich communities around the world. The Faculty in the COB are committed to providing the highest quality of education and serving as resources to its students. The COB is also committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its activities. Founded in 1947, the COB offers six graduate degrees and one undergraduate degree. The COB has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the world leader in business school accreditation and a hallmark of excellence achieved by only 5% of colleges worldwide, since 1963. The COB is located in California’s vibrant capital city, Sacramento.
Sacramento is one of the most diverse cities in the country that boasts a Mediterranean climate with an average of 265 days of sunshine a year. Foodies love the fresh ingredients and inspired dishes of the local Farm-to-Fork movement, outdoorsy types float on the two great rivers or hike along the American River Parkway, cultural connoisseurs embrace the city’s bustling nightlife and arts events. Sacramento is also located within two hours of San Francisco, Napa Valley, and Lake Tahoe. http://www.csus.edu/cob/
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
1. Experience providing administrative support to Administrator or Executive level positions.
2. Experience working with and overseeing diverse groups and individuals.
3. Experience providing leadership and working collegially and collaboratively to meet organizational goals and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
4. Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong managerial ability with the ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and persuasively with enthusiasm with administrators, faculty, staff, and students both on and off campus.
5. Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently as part of a team.
6. Excellent skill level in MS Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
7. Excellent time management skills. Demonstrated experience in planning and managing the operational activities of a unit, with the ability to manage multiple programs with competing deadlines (i.e. in a higher education environment).
8. Ability to independently and strategically develop policies, procedures, methodology and systems and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
9. Independently analyze information, identify problems, and make reasonable and prudent decisions that promote mutual satisfaction and positive direction for the unit.
10. Ability to understand and communicate comprehensive and detailed knowledge of applicable policies and procedures.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of meeting and event management, including budgeting, planning, organizational development, decision making, tracking, contracts, and policy implementation to carry out successful events both on and off campus.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
13. Ability to provide lead work direction to staff.
14. Ability to analyze and review student academic records and relate them to course requirements.
15. Knowledge of class scheduling and enrollment management in a university or higher education institution.
16. Experience in overseeing daily office operations independently including; budget management, problem solving, personnel matters, and other operational issues that may arise.
17. Provide accurate and efficient qualitative and quantitative analysis on a variety of data sets.
18. Commitment to maintaining a welcoming and inclusive work environment with diverse colleagues and constituents including faculty, students, staff, and members of the community.
19. Experience with University academic and computing programs, e.g., CFS-Financials, CMS-Human Resources/Student Administration and Data Warehouse (SacVault).
20. Master’s degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development of personal skills for the benefit of the work place.
21. Experience with College assessment and accreditation processes and reports (AACSB experience is an added plus).
22. Ability to work closely with faculty on collection and analysis of AACSB assessment data. Also, an ability to analyze and compile data for use in making recommendations regarding curriculum and for providing information for accreditation preliminary reports.
Documents Needed to Apply
2) Cover Letter
Failure to upload required documentation may result in disqualification.
About Sacramento State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California’s capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the “Farm-to-Fork Capital,” is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State is a Hispanic and AANAPISI serving institution with about 31,000 students coming not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1,800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission:
“As California’s capital university, we transform lives by preparing students to lead, serve, and succeed. Sacramento State will be a welcoming, caring, and inclusive leader in education, innovation, and engagement.” As the regional hub of higher education, Sacramento State is dedicated to learning and student success; teaching, research, scholarship and creative activity; justice, diversity, equity and inclusion; resource development and sustainability; dedicated community engagement, and wellness and safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/benefits/reasonable-accomodation.html.
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/learning-development/csu-learn.html.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery.
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Effective May 2023, per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all California State University, Sacramento employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications.
Out of State Employment
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (ie. H-1-B Visa).
Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.