For more than five decades, the College of Business (COB) at Sacramento State has consistently achieved its fundamental mission – to develop engaged, responsible, and inclusive leaders that enrich communities around the world. The COB cultivates excellence in its graduates and develops business leaders possessing not only top management skills, but also a broad understanding of their responsibilities to business and their community. The College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all its activities. The College of Business has maintained its accreditation under the stringent standards of the AACSB since 1963. In the course of our history, the COB has produced over 50,000 total graduates through our undergraduate BS program and our innovative graduate programs which currently include: MBA, Executive MBA, iMBA, MS Accountancy, MS Business Analytics and MS Finance. 60 percent of our alumni remain in the Sacramento region, fueling the success of our culturally rich and vibrant economy.
Marketing & Supply Chain Management
Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Marketing
The Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management houses two concentrations: Marketing and Supply Chain Management. The Marketing Concentration emphasizes the conceptual understanding and development of professional skills essential to marketing-oriented careers in such fields as e-commerce, advertising, public relations, product and service management, retail management, international marketing, marketing research, and sales management. The Supply Chain Management (SCM) Concentration is concerned with organizations, methods, and processes employed in managing and improving supply chain and operations systems which provide goods or services to fulfill customer needs and wants in both local and global markets in a flexible, adaptable, quality, reliable, cost effective, environmentally sustainable, ethically sound and socially responsible manner.
California State University, Sacramento, College of Business invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant rank faculty in Marketing for the Department of Marketing & Supply Chain Management starting Fall 2024. We seek candidates whose research, teaching, and service demonstrate awareness and skills needed to engage with a diverse student body.
- Teaching (Graduate and Undergraduate Courses in traditional, hybrid, and on-line modalities);
- Scholarly and Creative Activities (with an emphasis on publication of peer reviewed journal articles);
- Service/Contributions to the Institution; Service/Contributions to the Community;
- Student Advising;
- New course development and making changes to existing courses;
- Curriculum development;
- Supervising student (graduate and undergraduate) research.
- A Doctorate in Marketing from a business program accredited by AACSB International.
- ABD applicants will be considered. If ABD, all requirements for the doctoral degree must be completed by June 2025.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a demonstrated record of teaching, research, industry experience, and community service in contemporary aspects of advertising, retailing, branding, or sales. In particular, we seek applicants whose work deals with corporate social responsibility, cross-cultural issues in marketing, diversity/inclusivity issues in marketing, social influence in marketing, society & consumer well-being, public policy, and/or current trends and technological innovation in these areas.
- Demonstrated interest, experience, or participation in curriculum development, extending course offerings, and developing innovative pedagogy.
- A record of, or potential for, developing relationships with the business community and experiences or ability to work with a diverse student population are also highly desirable. Sacramento State recently launched the Anchor University initiative. For more information, please refer to the following link: https://www.csus.edu/experience/anchor-university/
Review of applications will begin October 13, 2023 and the position will remain open until filled.
- A cover letter that addresses required and desired qualifications, that also includes a statement of teaching philosophy and scholarly interests;
- A current curriculum vita/resume;
- Unofficial copies of transcripts attesting to the highest degree earned (official transcripts required at time of appointment);
- A diversity statement – Sacramento State values diversity and inclusion and has made a university-wide commitment to being an inclusive institution. What contributions are you most proud of that demonstrate your commitment to promoting an inclusive environment? Please limit your response to 500 words.
OTHER SPECIFICS ABOUT THE POSITION:
The classification annual salary range for this position is $64,860 - $143,928; the anticipated annual starting salary will be between $119,000 - $125,000.
About Sacramento State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California’s capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the “Farm-to-Fork Capital,” is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State is a Hispanic and AANAPISI serving institution with about 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1,800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission:
“As California’s capital university, we transform lives by preparing students to lead, serve, and succeed. Sacramento State will be a welcoming, caring, and inclusive leader in education, innovation, and engagement.” As the regional hub of higher education, Sacramento State is dedicated to learning and student success; teaching, research, scholarship and creative activity; justice, diversity, equity and inclusion; resource development and sustainability; dedicated community engagement, and wellness and safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/benefits/reasonable-accomodation.html.
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/learning-development/csu-learn.html.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery.
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Effective May 2023, per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all California State University, Sacramento employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications.
Out of State Employment
Per CSU-wide policy (HR2021-04), all faculty who will begin initial employment (or return from a 12-month break in service) on or after January 1, 2022 are required to perform their work from within the State of California. Faculty hired prior to January 1, 2022 must be available to perform work in the State of California if their assignment is in-person.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency ( ie. H-1-B Visa).