Working Title: Accounts Payable & Travel Coordinator
Classification Title: Administrative Support Coordinator II (ASC II)
Priority Application Date (Posting will remain open until filled): Monday, September 25th @ 11:55pm PST
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Under the direction of the Lead Travel Programs Specialist & Systemwide Global Officer and Accounts Payable & Travel Manager, incumbent will serve primarily as a specialized individual contributor providing day-to-day supplier management and use tax program administration and performing a wide variety of administrative, operational, and technical duties requiring in depth knowledge of complex policies, regulations, and procedures related to use tax, procurement, travel, and hospitality for the entire campus.
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime compensation)
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,700.00 - $4,200.00 per month commensurate with candidate's education, experience, skills, and training.
CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,681 - $6,034 per month
Best-in-class Benefits: Click here to learn more
CSU Total Compensation: Click here to learn more
Salary Grade/Range: 2
Recruitment Type: Regular (Probationary)
Time Base: Full-Time
Pay Plan: 12 months
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm
The Accounts Payable and Travel offices provide administrative and fiscal support to the campus community and its suppliers. Payments are made in accordance with the laws of the state of California, applicable federal laws, including Internal Revenue Service regulations, and the policies and procedures of the University.
For more information please visit our website https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/accounts-payable/
Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite. These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
1. A combination of education and experience which provides the required skills and abilities.
2. General knowledge of accounting, financial reconciliations, supplier relationship management, financial systems, travel, and hospitality policies and related procedures.
3. Verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey information, provide clear direction, and respond to questions from staff, faculty, peers, suppliers, senior leadership, and others.
4. Listening, reading and comprehension skills to effectively interpret information from various sources to develop full understanding of situations.
5. Excellent time management and organizational skills to ensure assignments are completed accurately and on time.
6. Demonstrated skills using standard office equipment; computers; software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe, OnBase; video conferencing tools (such as Zoom, Teams, Slack, Skype); travel related systems (such as Concur, Chrome River) and/or enterprise financial systems (such as Jaggaer, Peoplesoft).
7. Accurate technical skills to enter, collect, research, track, and report data and information.
8. Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
9. Ability to learn, understand and apply policies, laws and regulations to ensure financial transactions and supplier database entries and updates are compliant.
10. Ability to follow direction, work independently, and make sound business decision within the position’s scope of authority.
11. Ability to multi-task, manage a high volume of work, and effectively adapt to change.
12. Ability to effectively present information, provide training, and respond to questions from faculty, staff, suppliers, and students
13. Equivalent to 2 years of progressively responsible experience processing financial transactions and maintaining databases in accounts payable, accounting, travel, procurement, or other related area.
14. Commitment to maintaining a welcoming and inclusive work environment with diverse colleagues and constituents including faculty, students, staff, and members of the community
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
15. Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, finance, business administration, or closely related field.
16. Experience utilizing Concur travel system, PeopleSoft, and/or Jaggaer e-procurement system.
17. Working knowledge of California State University travel, procurement, and hospitality policies and procedures.
18. Administrative experience in higher education.
Documents Needed to Apply
Resume, cover letter
Failure to upload required documentation may result in disqualification.
About Sac State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California’s capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the “Farm-to-Fork Capital,” is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State’s 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: “As California’s capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement.” As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy, and campus safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. One variation of background check required could be a LiveScan screening, which involves submitting fingerprints at a certified LiveScan Service Center.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all California State University, Sacramento employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications.
Out of State Employment Policy
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/benefits/reasonable-accomodation.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/learning-development/csu-learn.html.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the United States. California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1-B Visa).
Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.