Working Title: Office of Student Engagement (OSE) Office Coordinator
Classification Title: Administrative Support Coordinator II (ASC II)
Priority Application Date (Posting will remain open until filled): Monday, September 25 @ 11:55PM PDT
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Under the general direction of the Director of the Office of Student Engagement (OSE) in the College of Business (COB), the OSE Office Coordinator acts as the main office support for the COB Office of Student Engagement and reports to the Director. The Office Coordinator will be the primary point of contact who receives students, faculty, staff, off-campus guests and visitors, and prepares a variety of documents. The Office Coordinator works with numerous other university departments such as the Career Center, Student Payroll, Commencement, Financial Aid/Scholarships, Academic Advising, Office of Graduate Studies Advancement, University Print & Mail, and purchasing to ensure that a wide scope of projects and transactions are completed effectively and timely and professionally.
At the direction of the Director, the incumbent will provide assistance on all issues related to the events, programs, services and activities of the OSE and support at the COB and University level. The incumbent must possess good interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills to effectively drive the success of the Office of Student Engagement programs.
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime compensation)
Hiring Range: Anticipated hiring range is $3,681 - $4,100 per month, commensurate with candidate's education, experience, skills, and training.
CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,681 - $6,034 per month
Salary Grade/Range: 1
Recruitment Type: Regular (Probationary)
Time Base: Full-Time
Pay Plan: 12 months
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm; occasional weekends and evenings
The California State University, Sacramento – College of Business (COB) develops engaged, responsible, and inclusive leaders that enrich communities around the world. The Faculty in the COB are committed to providing the highest quality of education and serving as resources to its students. Founded in 1947, the COB offers four graduate degrees and one undergraduate degree. The COB has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the world leader in business school accreditation and a hallmark of excellence achieved by only 5% of colleges worldwide, since 1963.
The COB Office of Student Engagement (OSE) supports students along the entire process of the business student experience at Sac State; from applying to the major through graduation and all the stops along the way.
For more information, please visit: https://www.csus.edu/college/business-administration/undergraduate/
Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
1. Coordination of entire clerical and administrative support functions and/or performance of secretarial and administrative work in a large/complex academic, administrative or program office, and/or in a higher-level administrative office.
2. Experience in administrative work involving the evaluation and recommendations related to operational and procedural matters.
3. Experience with large scale, complex projects with broad, visible impact that involve coordination with other departments in terms of planning and implementation.
4. Experience working collegially and collaboratively to meet organizational goals and initiatives.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
5. Excellent interpersonal skills
6. Excellent time management skills
7. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with competing deadlines.
8. Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
9. Ability to make independent decisions on day-to-day operations
10. Expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook.
11. Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
12. Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
13. Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
14. Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
15. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
16. Ability to review student academic records and relate them to course requirements.
17. Ability to provide lead work direction to student staff
18. Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring some inference.
19. Ability to effectively write and present own reports.
20. Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations.
21. Ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects
22. Commitment to maintaining a welcoming and inclusive work environment with diverse colleagues and constituents including faculty, students, staff, and members of the community.
Condition of Employment:
Ability to pass a background check.
22. Experience with University academic and financial computing environments., e.g., CFS-Financials, CMS-Human Resources/Student Administration and Data Warehouse (SacVault); knowledge of the university infrastructure, policies, and procedure
23. Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Customer Relations Management (CRM) or equivalent database software.
24. Experienced with Data analysis using MS Access and Excel. Knowledge of web-based programs and software.
25. Knowledge of social and professional networking sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
26. Ability to provide project support for the Director on the collection and analysis of The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) reporting data and documents
Documents Needed to Apply
Resume, cover letter.
Failure to upload the required documentation may result in disqualification.
About Sac State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California’s capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the “Farm-to-Fork Capital,” is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State’s 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: “As California’s capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement.” As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy, and campus safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. One variation of background check required could be a LiveScan screening, which involves submitting fingerprints at a certified LiveScan Service Center.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
, it is strongly recommended that all California State University, Sacramento employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications.
Out of State Employment Policy
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the United States. California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1-B Visa).
Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.