Working Title: Director of Enrollment Management and Student Systems
Classification Title: Administrator I
Priority Application Date (Posting will remain open until filled): Wednesday, May 24th @ 11:55pm PST
The incumbent will be charged with providing leadership establishing, implementing, coordinating, managing, delivering and evaluating a comprehensive plan for enrollment management reporting, Student Affairs Project Management, and Campus Solutions functional systems support. The Enrollment Management Team will facilitate the effective use of the common management system and other technology used by Student Affairs departments to support data management, enrollment predictions, business process improvement and student service functional systems support. The team will work to improve services to students, improve workflow, and provide data and quality control reports for department managers, support e-advising and student service interaction tools (e.g., Civitas, EAB, etc.) as well as other tools/technology/e-services to increase student satisfaction and improve department efficiencies.
The incumbent provides leadership on the functional implementation and functional management of the work and projects, which facilitate effective use of Sacramento State’s enterprise software systems in partnership with the Division of Information Resources and Technology (e.g., PeopleSoft (ERP), OnBase (imaging), Blackbaud Award Management (scholarships), Education Advisory Board Student Success Collaborative (advising), etc.). This includes coordinating the annual IT project submission and prioritization process for the Division of Student Affairs. The incumbent will also collaborate on non-enterprise systems and technology tools used by campus staff and students.
FLSA: Exempt (Not eligible for overtime compensation)
Recruitment Type: Regular (At-Will)
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Hours will vary based on operational needs.
The Enrollment Management and Student Services unit, in support of the mission and core values of CSUS, makes it a priority to understand the student experience from prospect to career and ensures each student has a well-informed and positive educational journey by reducing administrative barriers, ensuring the integrity of student records, using technology to support student services, and providing proactive communications to create positive long-lasting student experiences.
For more information, please visit: https://www.csus.edu/student-affairs/enrollment-services/
- An earned bachelor's degree from an accredited college, school, or university.
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in building and managing teams for reporting, data management, and/or functional software set-up, testing, and maintenance. Examples of functions include data analytics, predictive modeling, business process analysis, set-up, and of functional aspects of enterprise software systems, etc.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining highly effective intra-division/department partnerships (e.g., with Information Technology, Institutional Research, Student Affairs departments, Academic Affairs departments, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with business process analysis (e.g., defining requirements, partnering with Information Technology to propose technical solutions, creating functional testing and quality control plans to measure progress and effectiveness).
- Demonstrated experience, leading projects, including work breakdown structures, tracking issues, and meeting deadlines.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and experience working with teams to address issues that cross departments and/or divisions of an organization.
- Demonstrated experience using student information systems (ERP) and related software.
- Experience with higher education project management.
- Effective presentation, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a diverse environment with individuals with different backgrounds, varying ages, levels of ability, etc.; dedicated to building and maintaining an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to travel.
Conditions of Employment
Ability to pass background check.
- Experience with reporting, business intelligence software, and predictive modeling
- Experience with various aspects of vendor/contract management
- Experience in budget development and management
- Experience in Higher Education or a University setting
- Master's degree, or advanced study from an accredited university
- Experience using PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
Documents Needed to Apply
Resume and Cover Letter
Failure to upload required documentation may result in disqualification.
About Sac State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California’s capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the “Farm-to-Fork Capital,” is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State’s 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: “As California’s capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement.” As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy, and campus safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. One variation of background check required could be a LiveScan screening, which involves submitting fingerprints at a certified LiveScan Service Center.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Out of State Employment Policy
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the United States. California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1-B Visa).
Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.