Must be comparable to the Minimum Qualifications, appropriate to the skill level of the position, and would allow an incumbent to satisfactorily perform the Essential Functions of the position.
1. University student services experience (e.g., advising, admissions, student programming or development)
2. Experience working with students from various ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
3. Ability to independently prioritize, plan, and organize work in a fast-paced environment
4. Exceptional interpersonal skills; including understanding the roles and responsibilities of others, gauging relationships accordingly, developing effective and harmonious working relationships in a diverse community, and maintaining composure and professionalism in stressful and often challenging situations
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills utilizing multiple modalities and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a diverse environment
6. Exceptional time management, project management, and organizational skills.
7. Ability to provide direct programs and/or services to a diverse student population
8. Ability to compile, prepare, write, and review reports
9. Ability to design and generate tracking and monitoring tools
10. Strong program assessment skills with the ability to plan and organize the development of outcomes and execute the process to measure outcomes
11. Proficiency using standard office software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
12. Familiarity working with school-based record/data systems/software (example: PeopleSoft)
13. Ability to understand, interpret, analyze, and apply complex rules, regulations, and procedures
14. Ability to understand and analyze the nature of problems presented by constituents, present solutions, and project the consequences of alternative courses of action
15. Ability to independently carry out complex assignments without detailed instructions
16. Experience preparing and delivering presentations for small and large groups consisting of students, staff, faculty, and/or administrators.
17. Demonstrated ability to serve in a leadership role.
18. Experience providing lead work direction to plan, coordinate, and initiate actions necessary to implement administrative or group decisions or recommendations.
19. Demonstrated ability to act independently and effectively to resolve student issues and/or concerns.
20. Experience collecting and evaluating data, drawing valid conclusions, and predicting consequences of various alternative courses of action.
21. Demonstrated ability to independently plan, coordinate and implement solutions, effectively prioritize workload, provide timely and thorough follow-up, and meet priority deadlines.
22. Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling and punctuation with effective written communication skills.
23. Thorough knowledge of American Standard Code of Information Exchange (ASCII) reporting format.
24. Available for occasional travel to perform the duties of the position.
25. Available for weekend and evening work hours.