Working Title: Administrative Analyst
Classification Title: Administrative Analyst/Specialist Non-Exempt
Priority Application Date (Posting will remain open until filled): Sunday, March 26th @ 11:55pm PST
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Financial Aid & Central Scholarships the Administrative Analyst is responsible for maintaining confidential information, providing administrative support and analysis to management and staff, and maintaining a welcoming and supportive environment for students, staff and others interacting with our offices.
The Financial Aid & Scholarships office provides services to nearly 31,000 students and awards close to $300M in federal, state, institutional, and private funding each year. The Administrative Analyst responsibilities include; but are not limited to, supporting the Federal Work Study coordinator; supporting the Director with monthly tracking and reconciliation of department budget(s), procurement processing and tracking, scheduling meetings including room set-up and reservations, and travel and expense reporting. The incumbent will also assist and/or support staff with various items including travel, updating policy and procedure documentation for operations staff, procuring office supplies and other necessities. The Analyst may be called upon to support the day to day operations by answering student phone calls, placing outbound calls to students and other similar tasks during the peak processing times.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, maintain strict confidentiality related to personnel matters, possess strong organizational skills and show demonstrated ability to track and follow up on a wide range of task in a busy office environment.
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime compensation)
Recruitment Type: Regular (Probationary)
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm. Work hours may vary depending on department need.
Our mission is to help students and their families search for, apply, receive and maintain eligibility for various types of financial aid. Financial aid education is offered through individual counseling, campus marketing activities and group presentations. Staff also undertakes research and resolution of individual student issues. The office strives to provide timely and accurate financial aid processing that is in full compliance with all federal, state and university regulations.
For more information on Financial Aid, please visit:https://www.csus.edu/apply/financial-aid-scholarships/
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and /or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience providing clerical and/or administrative support in an office environment
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget review, budget allocation and budget reconciliation
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality on matters related to personnel and budget administration
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a diverse population of staff, faculty, and students.
- Ability to provide lead work direction to student assistants and maintain student timesheets
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; particularly Excel.
- Comfortable with technology and the use of a variety of systems with the willingness and ability to learn and become proficient in Sacramento States systems such as: Common Financial System (CFS), Common Management System (CMS), OnBase, EAB, Financial Data Warehouse, Concur Travel, Adobe Sign
- Ability to learn and interpret university policies and procedures and the ability to implement them independently, using proper judgment and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot office administration problems and respond to inquiries and requests related to assigned work area.
- Demonstrated ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate budget projections in a timely manner.
- Ability to operate multi-line office phone with voicemail, call transfer and conferencing capabilities.
- Ability to operate multi-functional copier, printer, scanner, fax machine.
- Experience assisting with a variety of administrative duties such as; scheduling meetings, event scheduling and coordination, staff coverage schedule, room scheduling, equipment and supply needs, and travel coordination.
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university in a related field.
- One or more years of experience working with personnel and / or financial administration in a large complex organization
- Two or more years of administrative work experience or professional training
Documents Needed to Apply
Resume and Cover Letter
Failure to upload required documentation may result in disqualification.
About Sac State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California’s capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the “Farm-to-Fork Capital,” is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State’s 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: “As California’s capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement.” As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy, and campus safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. One variation of background check required could be a LiveScan screening, which involves submitting fingerprints at a certified LiveScan Service Center.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com
Out of State Employment Policy
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1-B Visa).
Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.