Working Title: Human Resources Recruitment Analyst
Classification Title: Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt II
Priority Application Deadline (Posting will remain open until filled): Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 11:55 p.m.
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Under the general direction of the Director of Talent Acquisition, the incumbent will develop, in collaboration with
hiring managers, effective strategies for recruiting quality candidates to fulfill vacancies. The Recruitment Analyst
works on behalf of the Human Resources/Employment Services department to develop recruitment strategies to
position the University as an employer of choice in the Northern California region.
Develop tools for gathering recommendations and input from the candidates, hiring managers, and search committees
for the purpose of talent management and continued process improvement.
Continuously work with the hiring managers and Employment Services team to decrease time to hire and improve
quality of hire results.
Work with hiring managers and the Employment Services team to develop, analyze, and validate structured interview
questions and exercises needed to secure quality hires.
The incumbent may participate in providing guidance and leadership for Human Resources support staff and students
and assist with providing advice in the administration of the personnel recruitment process for university departments
or colleges. High levels of confidentiality of materials and information received by the Recruitment Analyst is
FLSA: Exempt (not eligible for overtime compensation under FLSA). This position is benefits-eligible.
CSU Classification Salary Range: $5,022 - $9,083 per month
Anticipated Hiring Range: Within the classification range up to $7,083 per month, commensurate with candidate's education, experience, skills, and training.
Recruitment Type: Regular (probationary)
Work Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. A partial telework schedule may be available, upon management approval, after a training period to be determined.
Employment Services is responsible for the coordination of personnel policies and programs in recruitment and employment matters for staff in accordance with collective bargaining agreements. The unit provides support to University administrators on employment matters concerning staff; administration of temporary employment staffing services; and employment orientation of new staff.
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/ or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/ or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/ or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
1. Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Equivalent of (4) years of full-time professional level Human Resources experience within a large organization in which the majority of the duties included: recruiting qualified applicants, developing recruitment practices which ensured fair and equitable applicant screening and review, and development of candidate sourcing and interview processes. Ability to maximize use of technical platforms in the delivery of human resource services.
Knowledge. Skills. Abilities:
3. Ability to improve organization branding and attractiveness to quality candidates by recommending applicant friendly policies and practices, monitoring job offers, and emphasizing employment benefits and perks.
4. Familiarity with human resource information systems, applicant tracking, and position management software.
5. Commitment to diversity, inclusive, and equal employment opportunity practices.
6. Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a solid foundation in grammar, spelling, and the composition of various communication vehicles.
8. Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment, political skill, and discretion toward the completion of assignments and projects.
9. Knowledge of the use and operation of business operation equipment.
10. Ability to interpret regulations, guide, and be a resource to staff and others in their interpretation.
11. Initiative and ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines.
12. Demonstrated experience with highly sensitive interpersonal situations using discretion and judgment on confidential matters.
13. Ability to maintain a strong customer (internal and external) focus while working in a fast-paced environment with a heavy workload, competing and on-going deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
14. Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws that apply to recruiting.
15. Bachelor degree with a major in human resources management, organization development, business administration, industrial psychology, public administration or a closely related field.
16. Experience working with an organization with 500 or more employees.
17. Experience working within a higher education.
18. Experience working in a unionized environment.
Documents Needed to Apply
Resume, cover letter, and diversity statement. Failure to upload these required documents to the online application may result in disqualification.
About Sac State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California’s capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the “Farm-to-Fork Capital,” is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State’s 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: “As California’s capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement.” As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy, and campus safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. One variation of background check required could be a LiveScan screening, which involves submitting fingerprints at a certified LiveScan Service Center.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com
Out of State Employment Policy
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1-B Visa).
Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.