Working Title: Resource Analyst
Classification Title: Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt I
Update: As of Wednesday, November 2nd this position has been reposted and is under active recruitment. Apply today!
Please Note: Prior applicants need not re-apply.
Posting will remain open until filled
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Under the lead work direction of the Lead Personnel Analyst, and general direction of the Executive Director for Student Affairs Strategic Business Resources, the Student Affairs Personnel Analyst (SAPA) works with directors, managers, analysts, and/or office managers of designated departments within the Division of Student Affairs to ensure personnel resources are administered in a manner that supports the strategic goals of the division and departments. The SAPA collaborates with Student Affairs staff, and staff within Human Resources, to ensure personnel processes are performed within the policies of the CSU and University.
CSU Classification Salary Range:$4,170 - $7,545 per month
Hiring Range: Anticipated hiring range is near or at the minimum of the classification, commensurate with candidate's education, experience, skills, and training.
Salary Grade/Range: 2
Recruitment Type: Regular
Time Base: Full-Time
Pay Plan: 12 months
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Student Affairs Business Operations (SABO) provides personnel, budget, analytics, and other administrative support to the departments within the Division of Student Affairs. We provide expertise and guidance to support the Division's fiscal and personnel needs. For more information, visit https://www.csus.edu/student-affairs/business-operations/
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
1. Experience and proficiency using standard office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) to prepare reports and effectively communicate with colleagues and business partners.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
2. Working knowledge of budget and personnel policies and procedures plus operational and fiscal analysis techniques, planning and management.
3. Ability to use MS Excel to perform budget plans and projections. Ability to reconcile expenses and to identify and address discrepancies.
4. Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
5. Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
6. Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with broad administrative impact and implications.
7. Ability to organize and plan work and projects, to handle multiple priorities and to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
8. Ability to make independent decisions, maintain confidentiality, and exercise sound judgment.
9. Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
10. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison to the organizational unit.
11. Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to pass background check.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field.
2. Experience with personnel administration (including experience preparing and/or overseeing personnel recruitments, appointments, separations and other personnel actions) in a bargaining unit environment.
3. One or more years of experience working with personnel and/or financial administration in a large organization.
4. Two ore more years of administrative work experience, professional training.
5. Experience using PeopleSoft (i.e., Common Management Systems Human Resources and/or Finance modules).
6. Experience within the CSU in an administrative role related to personnel and/or finance.
7. Experience supporting multiple academic or administrative departments or serving as a liaison for the organizational unit.
8. Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to personnel and budget processing in higher education.
Documents Needed to Apply
Resume, cover letter. Failure to upload these documents into the online application may result in disqualification.
About Sac State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California’s capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the “Farm-to-Fork Capital,” is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State’s 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: “As California’s capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement.” As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy, and campus safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Out of State Employment Policy
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1-B Visa).
Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.