Operations & Facilities Lead
Administrative Analyst/Specialist Ex I
Priority Application Date (Posting will remain open until filled): 10/13/2021
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Under the general guidance of the Associate Athletic Director of Facilities and Operations (AAD), the Athletic Facilities and Operations Lead performs a full range of administrative and analytic work to ensure the successful operation of competitions and events within the Sac State Division I Intercollegiate Athletics program.
The Athletic Facilities and Operations Lead is responsible for planning and coordinating all phases of operations and facilities for the competitions of 21 intercollegiate sports teams and events (e.g. fundraisers) for various teams and Athletics’ administration. The incumbent oversees, as designated, the planning, preparation and execution of intercollegiate contests and special events at various Sacramento State athletic venues, this includes coordinating events at, and ensuring the maintenance of, six separate venues where events often take place at multiple venues simultaneously.
Duties include, but are not limited to: scheduling and providing lead work direction to casual workers, special consultants and volunteers who work events as: ushers, security, and other personnel who set up/break down venues. The incumbent schedules game officials and in-game management and works closely with designees from visiting teams; serves as a liaison to outside agencies or entities related to the program, prepares research and analysis leading to cost effective event operations, develops plans and projections, evaluates and reconciles budget reports, and determines operational methods, processes, and procedures to achieve programmatic goals. The incumbent also ensures compliance with campus policies and procedures, and with NCAA regulations and/or other entities governing the operations of Sac State’s Division I Intercollegiate Athletics program.
This position requires the ability to work evening and weekend events and maintaining communication with vendors and co-workers after hours, on weekends and holidays to make cost effective and timely alternate arrangements when necessary.
CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,897 - $7,051 per month
Hiring Range: $3,897 - $7,051 per month
Salary Grade/Range: 1038-EXEMPT I-Grade-2
Recruitment Type: Temporary
Work Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm with the ability to work evenings and weekends to meet operational needs.
With a current student population of approximately 30,000, Sacramento State, the capital University, is one of the larger campuses in the 23-campus California State University system, the largest system of higher education in the nation. The Athletic Department at Sacramento State supports 21 NCAA division 1 athletic teams and includes over 450 student athletes competing in the Big Sky, Big West, and the Western Athletic Conference. For more information about Hornet Athletics visit: https://hornetsports.com/landing/index.
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
1. Experience coordinating venue and event operations.
2. Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
3. Strong organizational skills to effectively handle multiple priorities.
4. Strong problem-solving skills to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
5. Ability to understand and follow prescribed rules, processes and procedures.
6. Ability to effectively train others and provide lead work direction.
7. Ability to make independent decisions, maintain confidentiality, and exercise sound judgment.
8. Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or oral presentations.
9. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
10. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures plus operational and fiscal analysis for resource planning and management.
11. Ability to use Microsoft Excel to prepare expenditure plans and/or projections and to track and reconcile expenses.
12. Skill in the research and interpretation of policies and procedures, including skill in the collection, evaluation, interpretation and use of information or data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
13. Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with broad administrative or programmatic impact and implications.
Work Schedule Requirements:
14. Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed
15. Knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
16. Experience hiring, training and scheduling employees who perform work for athletic events.
17. Experience managing athletic facilities and/or events.
18. Experience working in an institution of higher education.
19. Knowledge of NCAA policies and regulations.
20. Experience using Astra Scheduling System.
Ability to lift and carry 25lbs.
Condition of Employment:
Ability to pass a background check.
Documents Needed to Apply
Resume, cover letter.
About Sac State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California’s capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the “Farm-to-Fork Capital,” is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State’s 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: “As California’s capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement.” As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy, and campus safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1-B Visa).
Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.